Saturday, June 25, 2016

Entry 286: Bebop & Rocksteady ARE DESTROYING EVERYTHING




Issue 4 of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything! is out and we're down to less than a week until the last issue!

It's been really fun to have these issues out each week and see the response. As a creator, having a book out each week is satisfying. It's nice not having to wait and the readers seem to like it too. I think the schedule has made the experience more satisfying for everyone.

My concern with the weekly schedule has always been for retailers. I imagine a weekly book might not sell quickly enough and start taking up too much shelf space. Or that readers wouldn't want to buy this many comics in one month. I don't know if these have been problems for retailers. Retailers, let me know what your experience has been.

I'm currently putting together an "art-of" type section for the TPB. I did the image you see above as a pin-up to put in the book and here is a page from the "art-of" with two designs by Damian Couceiro, a design by Ben Bates, and one by me.



I'll be doing another post about B&R next week when the last issue is out.

Thanks to everyone buying this series. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment